2015年10月16日金曜日

Introduction the book I chose


Hi, I'm Mikoto. I'd like to introduce a book I chose.
 
 
The book title is "The Sociology of Food: eating, diet and culture". In this book, various topics were written. For example, the role of food, the issues of food, the growth of food disorders, etc. It is difficult to read all topics, so I'm going to read some topics I'm interested in.
 
Particularly, this book says that food is related to cultures. I'm interested in food cultures in many countries. I think that food express the culture most. And it is very important to know. For example, when we go abroad, at first we face the cultural difference of food. The manner or rule of the way to eat is very different in each country. If you don't obey the rule, you are considered to be impolite. So to know each food culture is very important.
 
The contents of the book is very wide. I'm looking forward to find something new reading it.

3 件のコメント:

  1. I'm interested in many country's food manner too. I know only about a chinese's manner. I have heard that people in China have to leave a little when people finish eating. If you can know about other country's manner, please tell me!

    返信削除
  2. Ive never been abroad so I still have yet to experience the whole "Culture shock" thing. Hahah. But, because i have never been abroad i only have vague and typicall ideas of other countries food culture so i think it would be quite interesting to learn more deeply about it!

    返信削除
  3. Your book's content is interesting. Food culture and manner are most important and also easy to mistake thing when people travel abroad although they know it. In mycase, I lifted a plate when I visited South Korea. But, actually there's a manner that must not lift plates there. I did like Japanese way. That's my mistake. So, your book is so useful for all people when they travel. I want you to tell me the difference of each countries' food culture after you will finish reading the book.

    返信削除